[wp-hackers] Input type=password for protected posts

Chetan Kunte ckunte at gmail.com
Mon May 9 08:05:14 GMT 2005

I'm using Password protect blog posts a lot for personal posts. I was
following the discussion when someone suggested that password field
should be defined input type=password instead of text (with a counter
argument that when you're keying the password in the admin, you're
actually doing it in plain text).

The point is that someone can oversee what you're typing while
browsing (much less while logged in Admin console) like at home where
you have guests and you want to show some private excursion trips, but
do not want them to access from their homes) or you're using password
protect at work but someone may oversee your typing the password.

I guess, I've typed much more for a one-line/word change that I could
do it myself, but I guess, this may help propogate the idea towards
becoming part of the original download from WordPress.org.
--
Chetan Kunte
http://ckunte.com