[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Dict.

Stewart Ugelow stewart at ugelow.com
Sun Mar 27 16:10:31 GMT 2005

My friend is one of the sysadmins for dict.org. I passed along the message
below, and he replies:

"We know about that and it was intentional.  'dict.org' is for RFC 2229 DICT
protocol service.  'www.dict.org' is for HTTP service. These used to be on
the same machine but they aren't at the moment. There is nothing that says
that http://domain/ has to be equivalent to http://www.domain/, although it
is certainly common."

--Stewart

----