[wp-hackers] 1.5.1 ?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Mar 21 20:18:44 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:

>> Are there any "gotta have" bugs left?  I don't see any release blockers.
>> Maybe we could do a release candidate, get this list and the testers
>> list to bang on it, and follow up with 1.5.1-final shortly thereafter.

Here is my pick of the litter... I've labeled (!important!) the ones
that I think deserve most attention.

(!important!) CSS error that makes "alternate" rows show up as green in
IE, even on the Manage->posts page and Manage->category  Oops!
Patch provided, and tested by me.
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1139

(!important!) CSS error whereby if you have enough submenu items that
they have to wrap, the height isn't changed (fixed in CSS) so that it is
white text on light greybackground.  This is a bug in all browsers.  My
patch eliminates the fixed height and allows the items to wrap with the
dark background.
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1138

get_links() ignores $echo setting
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1023

Would be nice to have "mark as spam" option on notification e-mails, as
well as "delete"
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1048

(!important!) Scheduled posts are shown as being in the future (equal to
the negative of your GMT offset, for us west of Greenwich).  I think
this is a problem with current_time()
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1075

texturize tweak for 'cause :
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1100

Comment feed for a single post only shows first 10 comments:
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=958

(!important!) Slashes added to doublequotes within <pre> in post content
(annoying for code posters)
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1053

trackbacks/pingbacks from own site are not whitelisted
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=999

"require email for comments" setting doesn't use is_email() to check
validity... what's the point of the setting if it isn't obeyed?
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=982

Many of those have patches and are ready to go, and some of them
shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  I'm as anxious as anyone for WP
1.5.1 to be out, but unless we want to spend the next month preparing
1.5.2, we'd better squish anything that squirms too much.