[wp-hackers] get_the_time(), get_post_time()

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Tue Mar 15 03:48:28 GMT 2005

jeff at jrm.cc wrote:

> Michael D.Adams wrote:
>
>> Is there some utility that I'm missing here?
>

> It is most likely a deprecated function from 1.2 or previous. Useful
> so that old themes will still work.

It might be good for there to be some official word on what
functions/methods are meant to be depreciated.  Without that, people
will continue to use them, and they will never actually be depreciated.
Maybe eventually we can move some of the depreciated functions to
depreciated-functions.php and have its include commented out by default.