[wp-hackers] Collecting Pings sent to Front Page

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Mar 14 18:54:45 GMT 2005

If someone links my front page from a WordPress entry, won't my front
page receive a Pingback?  Currently any Pingbacks that don't correspond
to an entry are discarded, and it doesn't see that there is any
plugin-only way to change that.  I think it might be cool if I got
notifications for Pingbacks to my front page, as well as specific
entries.  Obviously these would need to be stored somewhere as to
eliminate duplicate notifications.  This might be a good way to
compliment the "Incoming links" section on the Dashboard.  Thoughts?