[wordpress] Re: [wp-hackers] Plugin metadata

Elliott Bäck ecb29 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 8 04:38:18 GMT 2005

Kimmo Suominen wrote:

>How about wrapping the lines at under 80 characters?  It would also make
>it easier to read the text files from a web server.

Wrapping the files will make it slightly more annoying to parse, since
the regular expressions will have to span multiple lines.  Speakin of
parsing, does anyone know if there is an equivalent of yacc/bison/CUP
for php?  If there were, we could have *real* parsers in WP, rather than
these regex hacks.  There's something nice about a formal grammar...

(motivation:  currently taking compilers class, just turned in 36,000
lines of Java5 and 3,000 lines of testcases)

Thanks,
Elliott C. Bäck

607-229-0623
http://elliottback.com