[wp-hackers] advanced-cache.php ?

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:36:35 GMT 2005

Its an option for advanced caching, anyone could write a plugin to use
it, but its made like that so that you could essentially call a
caching plugin before everything is loaded, saving a lot of CPU
cycles. As far as I know, anyone can use it, I believe I even recall a
thread about this on the mailing list and discussion on if it should
be an option or not.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:32:36 -0800, jeff at jrm.cc <jeff at jrm.cc> wrote:
> I see reference to this in wp-settings.php:
>
> // For an advanced caching plugin to use, static because you would only
> want one
> if ( defined('WP_CACHE') )
>         require (ABSPATH . 'wp-content/advanced-cache.php');
>
> However, "wp-content/advanced-cache.php" doesn't exist.
>
> Is this a super-secret, developers-only available plugin or is it just
> not done? I mean, having some built in caching functions would be a very
> valuable tool for plugin authors.
>
> Jeff Minard
>
> (oops, sent this from the wrong account...)

--Robert Deaton
http://anothersadsong.com