[wp-hackers] Problems ?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Mar 7 10:00:45 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:

With respect Matt, that thread does need answers and forum helpers also
need something to point people at.
I have not the slightest doubt that if an A-list blogger posted here
saying that their blog was acting in the same way, there would be people
tripping over themselves to post / offer help / debug / and everything
else.
If this is referer DOS, then maybe 1.5.1 should have drdave's RK in it ?
The problem will get worse and while we can say "Get a better host" that
does not help forum posts - posts which are read by people who may be
debating coming to WP.
Maybe we just need to shout about RK one hell of a lot for people ? I
have been running it for a while now and it catches a ton of crap.

I really do think that unless this is addressed very clearly and in
public that it will bite the collective WP ass. (Remember that fuss
about MT and resources ? Didn't people here smile about that ? Why is
this no different ?)

P.