[wp-hackers] Problems ?

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Mar 7 09:10:59 GMT 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 12:36 AM, Podz wrote:
> 1 - is advising people to avoid hosts that run php as cgi. This would
> mean avoiding dreamhosts who are currently being touted as the "dream
> host" for WP across the forums.

CGI is actually the ideal way to run WP, it's much better for
permissions.

> 2 - advise people how to run table repairs and why this both occurs
> and is needed. I can have this done by day end here.
> 3 - that posting through external editors increases the risk of
> problems and that this coding is being actively worked on.

Correlation is not causation. We spread anything we can't
recreate/verify.

> The forum thread is just hanging there right now, and I very much feel
> it needs addressing directly and sooner rather than later.

I had a reply but I ended up not posting it. The several times I've
looked into reports like this recently it has always been a referral
spam DoS, which the host would know if they were halfway decent and
looked at the stats rather than just the CPU log in cpanel.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com