[wp-hackers] 1.5.1.3 XMLRPC problems

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Jun 30 22:57:59 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 22:12 +0100, Peter Westwood wrote:

> On Thu, June 30, 2005 7:47 pm, Ryan Boren said:
> >> I get the same error as Peter. I was using an old version of ecto
> >> (Mac), so I upgraded thinking it would change things. It didn't.

> > Excellent.  That's what I needed.
> >
> > This version of functions-post.php "should" fix ecto.  Give it a twirl.
> >
> > http://trac.wordpress.org/file/branches/1.5/wp-includes/functions-post.php?rev=2681&format=txt
> >

> Glad we could help.  Ethereal has to be my favourite debugging tool for things like this!

Indeed, ethereal is very useful.

I borrowed a windows laptop and tried to install ecto, but it complained
about .NET being too old.  If you or someone else can capture a session
where ecto is used to write a new post, that would be helpful in
tracking down why some ecto users are getting the extra default
category.  I think everything else is resolved.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan