[wp-hackers] Compose Screen

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Fri Jun 24 19:33:35 GMT 2005

Terrence Wood wrote:
> Why? Are they not using pretty urls?

Some folks do use cruft-free URIs with post IDs.  Whether they want
shorter URIs, or they want to be different, or whatever; the fact is
it's something they can do now, so there'll be noise if we remove it.

> I think they (ID's) should be completely removed from the UI because,
> unless you are using them in your urls, they are completely superfluous
> noise for users.

I agree; but again, folks are doing it.

> ID's are for geeks... anyone organizing their HD by inode?
>
> regards
> Terrence Wood.
>

> On 25 Jun 2005, at 4:25 AM, Scott Merrill wrote:
>
>> Some folks are hell-bent on keeping their post IDs in order.  Is there
>> any value to adding a new "drafts" table, which can hold all the drafts,
>> so people can use their post IDs without worry?

skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35