WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Thu Jun 23 17:57:31 GMT 2005

Quoting Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>   1. Discussion before deployment. A poll widget in wp.org would achieve
>>      this, or perhaps a verified E-mail vote. It can make everyone happy
>>      and give all users a sense of control.
>
> I would love poll functionality on wordpress.org.

PHP-Nuke incorporates that functionality, so it can be imported from there.
PHP-Nuke already inherits a lot of functionality from phpBB, which
probably can
fit into WordPress to create a community among site subscribers (important in
blogs/sites that focus on a niche).

Threading of comments is also a key feature, which will contribute enormously,
especially to the WordPress support forums. Have you tried keeping track of
long support threads? It is too linear and could definitely benefit from this
extension.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz