WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Dr Tarique Sani tarique at sanisoft.com
Thu Jun 23 13:40:47 GMT 2005

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Tarique, Mike Little forked b2 along with Matt. Why should he be
> elbowed to work
> on a fork for what he himself forked??? Who has admin privileges for
> wp.org?
> Matt does. The mailing lists? Matt. The IRC channels? Matt. The code?
> Matt et
> al. In my humble opinion, Mike had been robbed.

Has Matt ever denied / violated Mike's copyright over the code that Mike
developed as per the GPL?

I presume no... (I do wonder what you mean by admin privileges over code
- its GPLed!!!)

Who allowed Matt all the above privileges?

I presume Mike agreed (actively or passively does not matter)...

Rest of the argument for me is superfluous.

Cheers
Tarique