WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Thu Jun 23 13:03:53 GMT 2005

Quoting Mike Little <journalized at gmail.com>:

> On 23/06/05, Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> To add context to my original post, I thought it was outrageous  Mike
>> Little was
>> had been denied committal, but of course this could simply be a
>> fluke. Judging
>> by The Internet Archive, some current developers have not been
>> around as long
>> as Mike.
>>

> Roy,
> I don't have any right to commit, and I have nothing major to
> contribute right now. My point was about the closed nature of this
> open source project.

I wrote this message before seeing Matt's follow-up. I said:

"I thought it was outrageous that Mike Little had been denied
committal, but of
course this could simply be a fluke"

This can now be rephrased:

"Mike Little, co-founder of WordPress, has no committal privileges which is
_outrageous_"

> If you know "the cathedral and the bazaar", I'm claiming WP is a
> cathedral with one high priest.

One last point in defence of WP coders, possibly saying what Mike
cannot say for
himself.

No communication -> no orientation -> no ideas -> no contribution.

Get you act together, priests, and open up discussion with _impact_. IRC
transcripts? Does anybody expect proficient coders to read transcripts?!?! Or
even join IRC channels? I haven't been using IRC since I was 16.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com