WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Dr Tarique Sani tarique at sanisoft.com
Thu Jun 23 12:58:22 GMT 2005

Mike Little wrote:

>On 23/06/05, Dr Tarique Sani <tarique at sanisoft.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>You may not have commit access BUT no one prevents you from writing code
>>- if your code is better people will use more of that

<snip>

>You've missed my point. I don't have any great code to contribute. My
>point is about the lack of communication and discussion,

Mike - you missed my point on the Spirit of Open Source - if you feel
that WP development is a Cathedral then Open your own Bazaar - the GPL
provides you exactly that freedom.

Forcing a developer to discuss his actions is IMHO taking away his
freedom to develop the code as he wants to.

So the bottom line is Fork if you can else Forget it!

And yes forking is good competition and in true spirit of Open Source

Cheers
Tarique