[wp-hackers] Plugins installing db tables automatically

Jalenack jalenack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:06:49 GMT 2005

Thanks Denis,

Nice code. Very easy to understand. But doesn't it weaken performance
slightly, by checking the table version number every time the site loads? Or
is it too insignificant? The way I've done it, it only checks if there's
been a plugin activation. Your way is definitely cleaner.

Thanks again,

Andrew

P.S. Dave - Yes, it drives me crazy as well when plugin authors use wp_
without a second thought. At the Codex, we try to teach them better than
that :-)

On 6/22/05, Denis de Bernardy <denis at semiologic.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I dropped some simpler code in the discussion of your wiki page.
>
> Cheers,
> D.

Andrew Sutherland
Jalenack.com <http://Jalenack.com>