[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-docs] A request

Martin Geisler mgeisler at mgeisler.net
Mon Jun 20 21:13:34 GMT 2005

Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> writes:

> [...] He [Podz] doesn't want to shut people up, but to make sure
> anyone who decides to play on the edge and install unreleased
> product is under no illusions about the level of support they'll
> receive.

People who use bleeding edge software can end up bleeding --- I would
expect everybody who installs WordPress from the Subversion repository
to know that.

Of course write it in the README file, the INSTALL file and put it in
the defaul theme templates that this is to be considered pre-alpha
quality code (or what ever kind of quality we're talking about). And
then be done with it --- I find treating people like little children a
bad idea.

Or maybe the development for this 1.6 version should go into a
experiemntal branch? People (like me) could then continue using the
SVN trunk to get bugfixes when they occur, and the developers can work
in relative peace on version 1.6.

--
Martin Geisler                                     GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP EXIF Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PHP Shell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://mgeisler.net/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser