[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-docs] A request

Martin Geisler mgeisler at mgeisler.net
Mon Jun 20 12:15:10 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> writes:

> Most open source projects go out of the way to make obtaining
> development versions easier. Here we do the opposite and insist on
> these attempts at social engineering. It's not all about the forums.
> There's more to the ecology than that.

I'm glad to hear this opinion!

I find all this talk about hiding the code and forbidding people to
talk about the latest and greatest developments very strange, and it's
not something which I've seen before on the other OpenSource projects
I've been using.

> Regardless, right now the code is available only through subversion.
> That's sufficiently inaccessible to dissuade most people.

Subversion is fine and should not be considered obscure --- if people
think so, then they should rightly stay away.

--
Martin Geisler                                     GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP EXIF Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PHP Shell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://mgeisler.net/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser