[wp-hackers] Let's whip WYSIWYG

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Jun 16 11:08:23 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Podz wrote:
>> When my girls use Word, they literally do see what they will get. They
>> can adjust margins, page size, orientation etc. So as part of also
>> offering it, are we going to make textarea resizing part of the deal ?
>> A a true 'print preview' ?
>

> It's more a visual formatting rather than full page layout. I don't
> think people will complain about this because it is pretty much what
> every system in the world does. Maybe later when our WYSIWYG is combined
> with touched will have the real ultimate interface. ;)

WYSIWYG composition (for those that want it), plus something like Matt
Read's "Preview Drafts Plugin":
   http://mattread.com/projects/preview-drafts-plugin/
Should go a very long way toward giving people a better idea of how
things will look when they click the "Publish" button.

I imagine an enterprising person could extend the plugin above to also
provide a preview of the post using the print css, too.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35