[wp-hackers] User Permissions system overhaul

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 16:57:19 GMT 2005

I've been dealing with this in a program I'm working on for my boss - and there are so many different opinions about the permissions system it's crazy. I went with a combination of simple and granular - by making an additional table to store the permissions, and by starting with a very limited set of permissions. I think that having 'levels' of permissions is restrictive, and that it's better in the long run to do it in a piecemeal way. However, I think that in the case of WordPress, with the system already set up, it would be enough to simply define the numbers from within the program. I would also like a way to just input the level, text field or drop-down, instead of the way it is now.

So, yeah, I think the best first step would be to change the input to a drop-down, and define the numbers on that drop-down with the terms used in the codex.