[wp-hackers] Start of new themes page

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 11:10:59 GMT 2005

On 6/2/05, Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Also, is there any way to highlight links as people scroll manually
> through the iframe?

Okay, this has been developed now. There's three more functions that
need to be added to the theme-scroll.js file. I actually made some
other ammendments to highlightLink() to increase performance, so it
would be easiest to just replace the entire theme-scroll.js file with
the one I've attached.

Support:
* Firefox works almost fine. If you scroll too fast, some links aren't
highlighted as Firefox isn't very good at firing scroll event.
* IE: works perfectly. However IE did seem to choke with a 'permission
denied' script error, until I removed the empty <script> element from
the HTML page (just below the 'Fix the FOUC' comment).
* Opera: works OK. Links are highlighted, but there's a slight pause
when Opera highlights a new link, as (presumably) Opera isn't very
good at executing highlightLink().
* Other browers: untested. If someone could test with Safari, that'd
be brilliant.

Notes:
* The script relies on all themes inside the iframe being the same width.

Enjoy :)

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net