[wp-hackers] Google Sitemaps for Wordpress

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Fri Jun 3 06:20:57 GMT 2005

Quoting Michael Nguyen <dyn4mik3 at gmail.com>:

> Just wanted to announce to everyone that I wrote up a quick php script
> to generate a Google Sitemap. Maybe someone can take a look at it and
> see how it can be improved (I'm not much of a coder).
>
> http://www.socialpatterns.com/search-engine-optimization/...

I am not sure that I can see great merits in this. Why it is
Google-specific? Is
it linked to from your main page? Your robots.txt does appear to help:

Disallow:

The request for daily updates of all permanent entries will not be honoured by
SE's. The content is static. Also, why not use a scripts like narchives.php to
list all entries? I went as far as extending mine
(http://www.schestowitz.com/Weblog/narchives.php~) so that it lists the
excerpts, which are otherwise unused outside feeds.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com