[wp-hackers] Two plugin ideas

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:18:14 GMT 2005

For the first idea, you might talk to chrys_seren on IRC. Her site is
at http://serendipity.lascribe.net/ and is powered by WordPress, so
finding out how she did it might be nice. iirc, her stuff is based on
Kitten's old language patches that were submitted for inclusion in
1.3/1.5 but didn't make it.

On 7/25/05, Gustavo Barron <cicloid at idealabs.tk> wrote:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>
> > If these don't already exist, might be fun for somebody:
> >
> > When using WP as a CMS, it'd be great to have a way to represent
> > alternate languages for the same content. So on my About page I can
> > link to 3 translations of that if they exist, and vice versa.
> >
> Sounds like a great idea...
>
> > The second is a a submission form much in the same vein as the contact
> > form. Let people submit content and it puts it into some sort of
> > moderation cue which will either publish it with the proper
> > attribution or archive it. This can be done currently with having
> > people register and then letting them submit drafts but not publish,
> > but that's not the most inviting way to do things.
> >
> Working on that, as a very alpha version, i just got a WP Submit News.
> That is basically the Contact Form plugin inserting the content as
> drafts, but I'm making a new version from scratch that will do almost
> all this...

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com