[wp-hackers] Comment rating - a feature request

Doug Stewart dstewart at atl.lmco.com
Mon Jul 25 13:41:56 GMT 2005

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> I have always imagined that CmdrTaco nicked it from somewhere else and
> hacked
> some bits of it...

A distinct possibility, but IIRC Slashcode has been in existence for
longer than PHP Nuke.  It could be that PHP Nuke has cribbed code from
Slash. *shrug*

> Have you seen the obscene amount of overlap between PHP-Nuke and
> Slashdot? They
> even use the same language with the same typos and the same bugs. The
> PHP-Nuke
> team named one of their base themes after Slashdot.

See above.  Could be the reverse of what you're proposing.

> I dared *smile*. I happily run two sites on it.

You're a better man than I.  Every single one of my [Post|PHP]Nuke
experiences has been marred with difficult upgrades, finnicky templates,
a distinct lack of documentation and long-way-round-the-horn solutions
to problems that ought to be easy.

I've been replacing our intranet *Nuke solutions with WP as the CMS.  My
content creators and communications dept. couldn't be happier.

For the heavier-weight stuff, I've been pondering Mamboserver.

--
Doug Stewart
dstewart at atl.lmco.com