[wp-hackers] Recent Comments Plugins.

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Wed Jul 20 16:49:26 GMT 2005

Quoting Podz:

> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/39637
> "DreamHost support: I've temporarily disabled your database because you
> are running a query that is hitting the database too hard."
>
> This is not the first time that we've had a "My host shut me down" post
> where a plugin is concerned. I'm sure I posted a while ago about this.
> Given that these plugins will be used, and that some sites state that
> they are a good thing to use as they can increase interaction (I'm the
> messanger here, okay), then can someone advise as to which are the bad
> guys ? ...

Quoting Arthur Jennings:

> Aren't we veering away from the most important question here, i.e.,
> how can users determine which plugins are safe to use in a shared
> environment?

That's quite true, but supervision of such initiative takes a lot of
testers who
congragate a a selection of 'approved' plug-ins. You then face the issue of
having to review and hammer on any plug-in that an anonymous, obscure
developer
submits to you.

How about suggesting to the users to uncomment retrival statistics at the
bottom? You can then provide them with a table (a benchmark reference)
to judge
against.

Roy

--