[wp-hackers] Theme Creation on Install ?

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:25:48 GMT 2005

On 7/19/05, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> > I noticed that myself the other day, the changeset that implemented it was:
> >
> > http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2037
> >
> > But that was back in January and I'm sure that theme didn't pop up
> > until recently.
>
> Part of the problem we noted at the time is that if you change the name
> of your blog and re-upgrade it'll create a new theme. This is still
> unresolved. Maybe we should use the domain instead of the name?

That would explain it...

I'm guessing this is so people can edit their theme instead of the
default so their changes don't get clobbered when they upgrade,
correct? If so then wouldn't a generic name like "Your theme" be good
enough for them to start with and then provide instructions for users
to the effect that they should edit that theme and not the default
plus givie it a more descriptive name etc etc?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster at kde.org