[wp-hackers] How do you downgrade?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jul 19 14:29:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 17:23 +0530, Xavier Roy wrote:

> >1.6 is alpha do-not-use software.
> >

> Yeah, I know  ;-) Everything was working fine till a few hours ago on
> July 18th's nightly. When I upgraded to July 19th's nightly, everything
> went kaput. On upgrading, I am sent to the profile page and got this
> message: "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."
>
> Anyone else facing this issue?

The current user level to capability upgrade code is meant to be run
coming from a 1.5.x DB.  To help us out during the 1.6 development
cycle, I refactored the upgrade code so that it does the right thing
when run from either 1.5.x or from a previous 1.6 nightly.

http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2727

As mentioned on the testers list, I also added some code that will reset
all roles and capabilities during upgrade if a RESET_CAPS flag is set.
Add the following to wp-config.php to enable the cap/role resetter.
With RESET_CAPS enabled, updates to the roles will be blown into your DB
each time you upgrade.

define('RESET_CAPS', true);

Ryan