[wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 16:20:42 GMT 2005

Jason A. Hoffman wrote:
<<snip>>

> Not to inject myself here, but why do people slap up a wordpress site
> (or anything for that matter) on a little server, and then expect a
> piece of software to just scale up automatically?
>
> What kind of hardware is it on? What web server? What mysql? What ...?
>
> - Jason

Well it's said it scales well :)
Having said that, what does cope well on a normal web account with 5
million hits in a day ?

wp-cache came in too late it seems - a switch to a different non-db
solution is being pursued right now.
I do have a 4.7meg file which is mainly the mysql log which may be of
interest to someone ? If someone is looking to improve wp-cache it may
be useful ?

P.