[wp-hackers] Re: 500 euros for WP + plugins

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Jul 11 05:15:03 GMT 2005

Quoting Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge at gmail.com>:

> On 7/10/05, Amit Gupta <wp at igeek.info> wrote:
>
>> OFF-TOPIC:
>> thanks for that Martin, I know how to send emails as plain-text but don't
>> want to use it that way!!!! I prefer HTML email for many reasons. :)
>
> Actually it is usual mailing list etiquette to not use HTML emails and
> a lot of lists disallow it and insist on plain text, I'm not sure
> about wp-hackers though.

I actually agree with Martin who pointed this out quite subtly. many
people will
be inconvenienced by an HTML-formatted message. If you did this in
UseNet, your
message would probably get devoured or ignored, much like messages from Google
Groups (hit-and-run posters who do so because they "prefer it for many
reasons"; when happy with the answers, not even a thank-you).

I was going to follow-up to Amit's message, but the HTML caused
inconsistencies
that had me give up. So, the bottom line is that instead of personal
preferences, the preferences of the _community_ need to be honoured. Nobody
PGP's messages to this list, right?

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz