[wp-hackers] User Capabilities

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Jul 10 22:11:56 GMT 2005

While we're working out the design and implementation details of the
role/capability system, let's talk about roles.  Currently, we are using
Textpattern's role definitions.

http://textpattern.org/tips/280/editing-user-priveleges

In addition, we have "Inactive" and "Subscriber" roles.  Inactive has no
capabilities at all.  It serves as a means of deactivating an account
without deleting it.  A Subscriber is someone who can login and read but
not do anything else.

The Textpattern roles are based on a newsroom workflow.  Is that what we
want for WordPress, or do we want different roles using a different
paradigm?  Many have suggested that "Publisher" be "Administrator", for
example.  Any other suggestions?

Ryan