[wp-hackers] s/categories/tags

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Fri Jul 8 04:42:53 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 05:36:55PM -0700, Jeff Minard wrote:
> Kai Hendry wrote:
> >Regarding the categories overhaul. Am I correct to consider categories
> >as tags? It would make things a little bit more consistent.
> I don't think so. Tags don't have a hierarchy like parents/siblings like
> categories do.

That's true, but tags are easy. Managing a hierarchy isn't.

So if I want to tag a post with say some tags like "russian" "food" do I
have to create two categories or some sort of hierarchy? It's a pain
right now to do it either way.

Or is there some "plugin" for quickly creating "tag" metadata for a
post I should know about.