[wp-hackers] XML-RPC Exploit?

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 06:03:49 GMT 2005

Hey, a quick aside -- for users running OLD versions of WP (1.0, 1.2), is
the xmlrpc.php a drop-in replacement, obviously with caveats related to
updated fields in the database/table?  (I assume not necessarily, especially
bc of changed tables, but worth asking...)

And, for all versions, if only using the built-in admin screens and not
third party composition apps, can xmlrpc.php be deleted?  (I looked in the
codex, didn't find a quick answer... I assume so, but prefer to not assume!)

Thanks, -d