[wp-hackers] Automatic Saving?

Ryan Boswell adon at ambit-online.net
Sat Dec 31 20:43:44 GMT 2005

I'm not well versed enough in AJAX to be able to do a working mockup
but to ease your question of how to deal with the wasted IDs is that
once a post has been saved once you treat it as a draft that you are
editing. This would be a challenge but it's obviously possible.

But maybe were going about it the wrong way, why try to save to the
database? Why not implement something similar to what Blogger does,
they just stick a cookies in your browser with all the post
information, that way would be easier. Then all you'd have to do is
write a small bit to create the cookie, stick it in the browser every
so often (possibly a configurable time in the control panel) and then
if something does happen (browser crashes, etc..) when the user goes
back into the posting interface WordPress would auto-import the post
information from the cookies, then when the post is saved to the
database the cookies are deleted. Doesn't seem too terribly hard to
do it that way, much easier in fact than worrying about the first idea.

--
Ryan