[wp-hackers] Importing custom format into WordPress

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Dec 30 16:33:31 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:

> At the least, it might be an interesting project to beef up the
> WordPress XMLRPC offerings to include access to any database data
> provided the user has the correct credentials.  Maybe an interesting
> plugin project.

I suspect XML-RPC is the wrong tool here. This is a very
straight-forward operation for XML+REST. Define an XML export format.
Define the query strings to select the subsets of the data, and then
provide URLs to grab it (with appropriate authentication of course).
That would be much more direct and much simpler to import into another
system than XML-RPC.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu