[wp-hackers] WordPress 2

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Tue Dec 20 23:17:32 GMT 2005

> > Some bugs are fun, e.g. when you add a child to 'a page with a very
> > very very long page title'.
>
> Elaborate.

try it. it's missing some css to make the select box fixed width + likely
the options right aligned.

> > Others are just annoying, e.g. TinyMCE randomly adds spaces in FF.
>
> Hmmm, I don't notice random spaces.  I'll play with it.

unless I am mistaking a similar bug is in trac already (IE extra spaces
regex). I reproduced by entering several empty paragraphs in a row in FF on
a Windows box

> > Others are merely uncaught cases, e.g. the implode error in
> the file
> > list when no .htaccess file exists.
>
> Error message?

file(c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\semiologic2/) [function.file]: failed to open
stream: Permission denied in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\semiologic2\wp-admin\admin-functions.php on line 1447

with var_dump($file) returning string(0) ""

> If it's not editable, the suggested structures should have
> index.php/ prepended so that PATH_INFO is used instead of
> .htaccess.  If you use a custom structure, you're own your own.

Several sites recommend /%post_id%/%postname% as the more ideal SEO
doing will end up asking for help in the forum if no warning is raised.

> The theme will be reset if you visit the Presentation page.

Correct, but take my word for it as I've handled such an event a dozen times
when I removed the login link in the last release of my theme: Until then,
the user is crying for help because he lost his link to the admin area.

> $wp_rewrite is not available until just before the 'init' action.

yep thanks... I eventually pinned the problem by hooking the relevant plugin
calls into the init action. still, it might make sense to force the
instantiation in the event someone tries to use it before it is available.

my guess is some of the other wp classes are not available in the shutdown
hook either (cf the bug I filed), since not instantiated as references.

As an aside, does anyone know which of these plugins are no longer useful in
WP2?

Check IP Behind Proxy
http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/posts/2005/02/21/145/

Cookie Timeout (@Michael, if on list: send an email for the fix/update)