[wp-hackers] Trackbacks

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Dec 13 14:54:07 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:

>>Trackback 2 urls on my blog. Same urls each time.
>>If the tb's are comma separated, none get sent.
>>If they are space separated, one gets sent - the last one.
>>

> Can anyone confirm / not confirm this ?

I created a new post on my localhost WP 2.0.  I added two trackbacks
with a space between them.  One to RedAlt and one to Asymptomatic.  Both
trackbacks were received.

I did not try commas, but I wouldn't expect that to work, given the
instructions on the page.  The knowledge I have about how trackbacks are
processed says that using a comma and not a space would cause the urls
to be concatenated into a single invalid url:

http://redalt.com/ping,http://asymptomatic.net/?p=21

Using a comma and a space would put a comma at the end of the first url,
and that would probably cause it to fail, since the comma is not
recognized as part of a valid url by the receiving server.

Anyway, those are my results.

Owen