[wp-hackers] Counting failed logins

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon Dec 5 15:20:47 GMT 2005

Aaron Brazell wrote:
> A "wp-error" hook would be useful in these situations.

As would some sort of general logging framework. Maybe after WP 2.0 is
launched, we can look into including something like log4php:

   http://logging.apache.org/log4php/

I've been using Log4Perl at work (log4perl and log4php are both based on
Java's log4j, BTW), and it's an excellent logging framework. I can
imagine plugins hooking into something like this for providing remote
debugging support, appenders which send emails or IMs on critical
errors, etc.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/