[wp-hackers] Creating a Role Management interface plugin
dmhouse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 22:41:31 GMT 2005
Anyone that wants control beyond the built-in one-role-per-user
no-capabilities-editing at the moment is a bit stuck. It's been wisely
suggested that a plugin could fulfill this role, and so it makes sense
to make one, hopefully to be released around the time of 2.0's
release. I was willing to take this on but was wondering:
1. Whether anyone has thought about this, the potential problems, etc.
2. Whether anyone has begun work on a plugin like this.
3. What the required feature set would need to be.
For number 3, I'd say the following would be useful:
* Assign more than one role
* Edit exactly which caps are assigned to a user: big long list of checkboxes
* Creation of new roles
Any input is appreciated.
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net
More information about the wp-hackers