[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Wed Aug 31 14:44:18 GMT 2005

is the current heavy lifting(the pingbacks etc.) done before post is
published or afterwards? excuse me if I've overlooked something but I'm
using a plugin by Robert Deaton called No Ping Wait which moves the
heavy stuff to the 'shutdown' hook. don't know if anything like this has
been done as of v1.5.2 but after I started using this plugin in
v1.5.1.3, the publish times have significantly dropped.

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter