[wp-hackers] Trackback Validator plugin now available.

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Fri Aug 26 05:52:26 GMT 2005

Dougal Campbell wrote:
| Providing the option to send them to moderation would probably be
good.

yeah, I also agree with that, but then, all of trackback SPAM will also
end up in the
Moderation queue & its as good as setting the "Moderate All Comments"
option in
WordPress. This is why I didn't think that it would be quite practical
to use this kind
of plugin, too much of a loose end, its a good idea(I had the same idea
sometime
back when we were discussing anti-spam measures aggressively & Kitty
came out
with Spaminator, I wrote some of this plugin but then stopped, because
of the same
reasons I found it im-practical) but not much practical.

Basically, for this plugin to be somewhat practical, it would need to do
more than what
it does. It'll need to have a sort of blacklisting where it compares the
trackbacks
against the blacklist & looks for URL and word matches and then also
sees if the URI
sent in trackback has your link & then it should decide whether to
deep-six it or put it
in moderation. This brings us back to anti-spam plugins like SpamKarma
which I believe
this sort of matches & assigns Karma to every task & evaluate the fate
of a trackback
or comment based on it.

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/