[wp-hackers] languages

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 20:20:23 GMT 2005

To me, keeping the language files in wp-content/ somewhere is a bit
more logical due to the instructions for upgrading, which is to delete
and overwrite _everything_ but wp-content. Of course, this has been
changed (afaik) in the newer instructions, but I think it'd be best to
move them to wp-content/languages/ or something similar for 1.6, to
keep upgrade instructions clear and concise.

On 8/15/05, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> I neglected in the forum upgrade guide to mention that the languages
> directory needs preserving.
> Will this file be remaining inside the current parent directory, or
> given that it may have user changes, are there plans to move it ?
>
> P.

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com