[wp-hackers] Javascript and edit-form-advanced

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Aug 8 16:25:57 GMT 2005

Two issues up for comment:

1.
What do you think of the idea of moving javascript files (*.js) to their
own dedicated directory?

People may like to use the fancy javascript libraries that are rapidly
being incorporated in 1.6 from places other than the admin, and it might
be nice if those files were not in the /wp-admin directory, yet
somewhere that plugins and themes could expect to find them.

I suggest /wp-scripts

2.
What do you think of moving the edit-form-advanced hook *inside* the
Advanced collapsable div?

I know that I wouldn't mind seeing some people's controls moved down
into the collapsable area, as well as on some plugins of my own.

If we don't move the hook location, how about a new hook that's inside
that div?

We might want a hook inside the right-side div, too, to add things into
that area.

Thoughts?

Owen