[wp-hackers] Wordpress counting site

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 18:56:50 GMT 2005

Andy - I just added a customized version to CHAITGEAR, so you should be
seeing hits.  Looks like it's working.  When I upgrade to 1.5, I'll be able
to use the raw plugin, but I had to add some hackery for my CG codebase. ;)

I'm just removing the display: line, to see if that makes a difference.
Also, I'm urlencoding the botdURL -- lemme know how that comes through.

You should see a good 1000 or so a day coming from me.

Also, talking about scalability, you may want to go to a single-pixel image
(the http headers become the bandwidth), and may want to try something
faster than apache (lighttpd or one of those).

Glad to see someone starting a raw WP counter!

-d