[wp-hackers] Wordpress counting site

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:59:02 GMT 2005

Matt wrote:
>Seeing what I can do to help.
>
>--
>Matt Mullenweg
>http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org
>http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com

Oh, beautiful! I emptied the tables less than 24 hours ago and it's already
at over 14,000 hits. And now that PhotoMatt and WordPress have taken over
the top ten by hits, I'm forced to work out the categorization scheme.

I was going to use the RDF that WP generates by default but it's
conveniently missing from some sites, e.g. PhotoMatt. Maybe later the plugin
will generate a little RDF data for its own indexing purposes: author, date,
title, site name and URL, categories, MPAA rating...

Matt, you're pure evil for hacking it to run on every page wordpress.org
generates. Especially the forums and the search results. Really, really
evil. I deactivated the Generator filter, which would have blocked all
wordpress.org pages because they lack the meta tag. Thanks for all the
traffic, though; it's just what I needed. Any time you want to knock it back
to handling just the blog and pages, go right ahead. Until then, I'll just
populate this here referrer blacklist and... :-)

Does anyone know of any service that utilizes vote-for/vote-against tags
yet?

Thanks to all other testers, too. Email me if you have suggestions or
concerns unless you think it would be of interest to the list. Check
www.blogsoftheday.com periodically for updates to the plugin source and see
where your site ranks!

Andy Skelton
www.skeltoac.com