[wp-hackers] Making it better

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 01:37:41 GMT 2005

David, Phil walked in and sat down in the CSS/PHP 101 classroom when he
said:
>     I'm a user, who wants to develop my own theme.  I do not know php.
The question is: is Phil willing to learn it? Most users aren't. (I love
learning it.) When we decide what to do to ease the learning curve for
code-phobes, we must also leave the doors wide open for code-philes to go
totally nuts with the guts of their themes. It should not become as 'easy'
as Blogger at the cost of becoming as limited as Blogger.

For now, it would do wonders to help people understand that depth of
customizability is lost in direct proportion to gains in ease of
customizability. Translation: you can't make 3-D holograms with an
Etch-A-Sketch.

Andy Skelton
www.skeltoac.com