[wp-hackers] post_name_check

Jamie Talbot wphackers at jamietalbot.com
Tue Apr 19 10:05:24 GMT 2005

Alex,

Yep, you're right, there was no checking to see if a post-name had been
specified.  Your solution is best, and only adds one line before the
post-name replacement replacement:

if ($specified = $_REQUEST['post_name']) return $id;

or somesuch.  Probably don't even need the assignment statement really.
 I think this should cover it:  Do nothing when the user has specified
the post-name themselves and assume they know what they're doing,
otherwise just sanitise the post title as usual.  Like you say, the
other two solutions seem a bit of an overkill.

Cheers for the info!

Jamie.