[wp-hackers] Usability Expert Review

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Sun Apr 17 20:05:02 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> http://www.gabrielwhite.com/wordpress/
A non-proprietary format readable online would've been nice.

I like the genreal idea to revamp the admin menu; though I don't know
that I like the specific proposal.  Comments might merit their own
top-level menu item; but I don't like stuffing so much other stuff into
"Configuration"...   Though if a vertical left-side menu were supplied
for "Configuration", I might not mind so much.

"Make the default ‘Configuration’ page show an overview of all the
administrative functions along with short text descriptions."
I like this idea quite a bit.

"Replace the numeric ‘level’ attribute with a set of descriptive user
levels, such as:"
This is a nice idea, but the proposed user levels look _worse_ than
all-numeric levels, I think.  "Manager Level 2" seems too bulky.

The rest of the items mostly made sense.  I wouldn't have any real
problems if they were integrated.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35