[wp-hackers] Security Vulnerability found - Forum Post

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Fri Apr 15 19:25:10 GMT 2005

oh well!! I didn't know the variables & objects are destroyed after an HTTP Request is served!!

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

---------- Original Message from "David Chait" <davebytes at comcast.net> ----------
the database is opened once, when the $wpdb object is instantiated.  unless plugins are manually accessing the db themselves (which
they SHOULDN'T!), one connection is opened when a HTTP request comes in, and remains open only for the context of that request.  if by
'page' you mean 'later included PHP file', that already occurs.  if by 'page' you meant 'next HTTP request', there's no persistance.

-d