[wp-hackers] deleting a user, save posts by him

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Fri Apr 8 11:14:56 GMT 2005

How about adding another level for Deleted users? say level -1. The users on this level won't be able to even login & they are displayed only under a new tab "Deleted Users".
That way, normal Level 0 users will be kept apart from Deleted Users.

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

---------- Original Message from "David House" <dmhouse at gmail.com> ----------
I propose a hybrid solution. When you want to delete a user, you can
click on a 'delete user' button, which internally demotes the user to
a level-0. Without that button things are going to get very confusing:
imagine you're just an average admin user and you want to delete a
user. Which makes more sense to you, pressing a big fat red 'delete
user' button, or changing the users level to 0? It just makes sense
from a usability point of view. But by all means, internally demoting
a user to level 0 makes sense, I suppose.

The only disadvantage to the level-0 solution I can think of is that
when a user is browsing through user profiles, how can they tell if a
user has been deleted? In other words, will we ever need to
differentiate between everyday level-0 users and real deleted users?

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com