[wp-hackers] binding a user to a category

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Apr 6 19:24:12 GMT 2005

Amit Gupta wrote:
>    does anyone know of a hack/plugin for WP1.5 which allows a non-admin
> user, say a user below level 5, to be bound to some categories.

You can start from my Limit Categories plugin, which limits all users
under a certain level to posting in predefined categories.  It would be
a short step to specify restrictions by individual users - in fact,
somewhat had told me they made these customizations for their own site.

You must do all of the configuration in the plugin file currently, since
I had anticipated some user profile extensions (metadata for user
accounts) that never came to pass.

The Limit Categories plugin is here:
http://www.asymptomatic.net/wp-hacks

Owen